2021 Annual Campaign
Since 1913, you and those who came before you have raised the dollars through the Jewish Federation Annual Campaign which have nourished our New Orleans Jewish community. Our donors have helped resettled immigrants who fled the threat of WWII, and then embraced the survivors with open arms. Your generosity helped build the State of Israel, opened our hearts to Russian refugees, and airlifted Ethiopians to safety. More recently you have protected the security of our Jewish community and tackled the impact of lack of engagement in Jewish life—but everything is different now.
We find ourselves facing a global pandemic—a historic moment that will define us for years to come.
Will we rise to meet the challenge? We have, and we will. Because now, it’s even more important.
The Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans was built for this moment: taking collective action to tackle our community’s most devastating and seemingly intractable challenges, because, as the Talmud mandates, Kol yisrael arevim zeh bazeh—all Jews are responsible for one another. Now more than ever, our goal is to safeguard Jewish New Orleans—specifically, here’s how your Jewish Federation responded in 2020:
- We established a direct individual grant program for Jewish New Orleanians administered through Jewish Family Service (JFS) and funded by the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Louisiana.
- We launched a Health Care Take Home Meal Program, which supported kosher businesses while providing 6,600 meals this past spring and summer to health care workers at five local hospitals.
- We served as the central local organization facilitating the federal Paycheck Protection Program, with 16 agencies/synagogues joining our efforts. All were approved.
- We joined with JFS to create a helpline program to assist our community with delivery of groceries/pharmacy items, medical transport, and emotional support. More than 60 volunteers signed up to help.
- We led the statewide Jewish response to Hurricane Laura, raising more than $220,000 to assist those in need, and organized volunteer efforts.
- And most importantly, we continue to assess and address the financial stabilization needs of our community partners.
As the connector for Jewish New Orleans, our mission is to sustain our Jewish agencies and organizations for the future of our community, and that’s never clearer than during times of crisis. Despite everything, our 2020 Annual Campaign raised $2.606 million—and an additional $700,000 in supplemental giving, an important form of Jewish fundraising.
While every dollar is critically important, the needs are even greater. That’s why we need your support for the 2021 Annual Campaign.
Did you know you can schedule your donation up to three months in the future? Or set up a monthly payment schedule?
Other ways to support the Federation
- Transfer stock to the Federation’s Morgan Stanley Account (#575-060565-239). Contact Carla Marciniak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-587-9645 (please be sure that your name is on the stock transfer). Kindly contact the Federation office at 504-780-5600 to notify Federation what kind of stock and how many shares have been transferred.
- Make a gift from your Jewish Endowment Foundation donor advised fund,and let Sherri Tarr you’ve done so by emailing email@example.com.
- Donate from your IRA through a regular distribution.
- Mail a check (payable to the Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans) to 3747 W. Esplanade Avenue, Metairie, LA 70002.
- Please consider leaving a legacy for the Jewish Federation – for more information on how to endow your gift, please contact Bobby Garon or Patti Lengsfield at the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Louisiana at 504-524-4559.
All new and increased gifts to the 2021 Annual Campaign will be boosted by the 25% Goldring/Woldenberg match.
The 2021 Annual Campaign is chaired by Mara Force & Joshua Rubenstein.